Saturday, February 23, 2008

My new rifle!!!



This is my new rifle its a Ruger Mini-14 target rifle...the caliber is .223, it came with 1 5 round mag so I ordered 4 extra 20 round mags. The thing on the end is not a suppressor(I so wish it was) its for adjusting barrel harmonics so its more accurate. It doesn't have any open sights so I ordered a scope for it along with a bi-pod. The barrel is "22 and from what I have read about it it is an extremely accurate rifle. The reason I purchased this rifle is to use it for improving my shooting skills without the painful recoil of my .300wsm. I will hopefully be using it for hunting prairie dogs, coyotes, and other small game. On Ruger's website it claims that the gun retails for around $1,035 and I payed $800 at Sportsmans Warehouse. I also purchased 250 rounds of ammo from Cabelas and I am looking forward to shooting it!!!!


More pictures will be coming soon when I get my scope and other shooting accessories.

6 comments:

Sarcastic Sally said...

Sweeeeeet... Great buy!

Hey...there is a bunch of small game in my neighborhood if you need some practice. The neighbors might be a little upset when they can't find Fluffykins and Butterbell, but they'll get over it...

Ben&Brit said...

0.223... Hum. Lame. Go 6cwt. :-) (J/K)

COOL! Small game, hu? You don't want to go hunt in Africa? BTW, if you want to, Smoke died a couple days ago in a car accident, so his house is empty. Go rob it. Plenty of big game guns and heads .

Ben&Brit said...

I was first, BTW. Beth just posted first. (Idiot!) :D

Tina the Talking Tummy said...

I am a sinner. Please forgive me. I'll do better next time.
:P

Steven said...

dude. I love it.
Totally love it.

Steven said...

ready to do some bump firing?