Monday, February 18, 2008

Beauty

This lovely paragraph was written by someone who, just like me, has a love for a well crafted firearm...I'll let the paragraph speak for itself


Ever look at something and just know it's beautiful? Take a look at a well-designed firearm like the FAL rifle or the M1911 handgun. They're rugged, yet elegant; simple enough to work, supple enough to get the job done and do it well. Every little spring, ever little pin, every sear, every piece of precision-machined metal is made to work together. It is the synergy of these parts that creates a beautiful machine that is designed to do one thing and one thing only: put lead downrange and strike the object or person that the rifleman is aiming at. From an engineer's point of view, it's a beautiful piece of work; not many things can claim such purity of function or such elegant operation.

5 comments:

Steven said...

I don't know if I could call an explosion an "elegant operation"..
:)

Ryan_Th3_K1d said...

He didn't mention firearms like a Hemenez...

Ben&Brit said...

Autism! (Man... That's what I thought when I first saw it and then realized I do that a lot... I see beauty in designs... I think I'm mentally unstable.)

Steven said...

LOL

Peter said...

LOL