Sunday, September 2, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Deep Thoughts

• If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.

• If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

• If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy, and people will try to catch you, because hey, free dummy.

• Many people never stop to realize that a tree is a living thing, not that different from a tall leafy dog that has roots and is very quiet.

• To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

• It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

• Better not take a dog on the Space Shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up.

• Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

• If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away.

• Too bad you can't just grab a tree by the very tiptop and bend it clear over the ground and then let her fly, because I bet you'd be amazed at all the stuff that comes flying out.

• If you're in a boxing match, try not to let the other guy's glove tough your lips, because you don't know where that glove has been.

• If you go flying back through time, and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.

• If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because I bet that's what really throws you into a panic.

• Love is not something that you can put chains on and throw into a lake. That's called Houdini. Love is liking someone a lot.

• I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a billion ants just to aim a gun at me, let alone fire it. And you know what I'm doing while they're aiming it at me? I just sort of slip off to the side, and then suddenly run up and kick the gun out of their hands.

• I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

• As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

• It's true that every time you head a bell, an angel gets his wings. But what they don't tell you is, every time you hear a mousetrap snap, an angel gets set on fire.

• I think a new, different kind of bowling should be "carpet bowling." It's just like regular bowling, only the lanes are carpet instead of wood. I don't know why we should do this, but my goodness, we've got to try something!

• If you want to be the popular one at a party, here a good thing to do: Go up to some people who are talking and laughing and say, "Well, technically that's illegal." It might fit in with that somebody just said. And even if it doesn't, so what, I hate this stupid party.

• I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.

• I can picture in my mind a world without war, and a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

• Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window.

• Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?

• Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.

• The other day I got out my can opener and was opening a can of worms when I thought, "What am I doing?!"

• You know how to paint a room real fast? Just put paint rollers on your feet and somehow figure out how to skate up the walls and across the ceiling.

• If I was a cowboy in a lynch mob, I think I'd try to stay near the back. That way, if somebody shamed us into disbanding, I could sort of slip off to the side and pretend I was window-shopping or something.

3 comments:

Tina the Talking Tummy said...

Whoever made up the original list seems to have some kind of fixation on trees, and with good reason. I've seen them come alive at night and eat puppies.

**Goes around snapping mouse traps, hoping to see some "solar flares."**

Anonymous said...

" It's true that every time you hear a bell ring, an angel gets his wings. But what they don't tell you is, every time you hear a mousetrap snap, an angel gets set on fire."

is the point to this one "angels die the same time mice do?"

Anonymous said...

lol good observation... *